From: rshug...@mii.com
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] what's the deal with the configuration manager client package?
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 16:47:44 +0000

Hi:
        So we’re getting errors in our OSD task sequences saying the task
sequence can’t find the files needed for the Configuration Manager Client
Package.  We do have such a package available, it appears to have been created
when SCCM was set up but
I really can’t change any of the options for this package.  In doing some web
research I’m finding this is by design for some reason, and you’re supposed to
create a new Configuration Manager client package from definition.  So I guess
two questions.  First,
what’s the point of the Configuration Manager Client Package in the first place
if you can’t do anything with it, and if you’re supposed to create a new
Configuration Manager Client Package from definition how is that done?  I have
definitions for Device Management
Client Transfer and Configuration Manager Client Upgrade.  Should I use the
Configuration Manager Client Upgrade definition?
Thanks a lot for any help, finding this very confusing.
Ryan

Ryan Shugart
LAN Administrator
MiTek USA, MiTek Denver
314-851-7414

MiTek Holdings, Inc., 2011-2014, All Rights Reserved
This communication (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any
distribution, copying, or use of this communication or the information in it is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately
and then destroy any copies of it.