Yes, thin clients can have the ConfigMgr client installed.

I’ve seen the same thing with thin clients in some of my customers’
environments reporting in to the CM server.  I believe it’s actually the
Windows Embedded Device Manager (WEDM) 2011 client that the manufacturers
started preinstalling on their thin client image in an attempt to make them
more attractive for enterprise customers already using ConfigMgr and WEDM.

That said, ConfigMgr 2012 has greatly improved support for embedded devices
using the write filter, so it would definitely be to your advantage to read up
a bit on the new features. Thin clients used to be a gigantic pain for
enterprise ConfigMgr admins, but they’re now at least reasonably supportable.

-Phil
Phil Schwan | Technical Architect, Enterprise Windows Services
Project Leadership Associates | 2000 Town Center, Suite 1900, Southfield, MI
48075
Lync: 312.756.1626  Mobile: 419.262.5133
www.projectleadership.net<http://www.projectleadership.net/>
Leverage Technology. Deliver Results.
[linkedin_logo-19x20]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/philschwan>[Twitter-Logo1-20x20]<https://twitter.com/philschwan>
 [wordpress-logo3] <http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/philschwan>