From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] on behalf
of Kevin Johnston [kjohns...@halogensoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 5:27 AM
To: 'mssms@lists.myitforum.com'
Subject: RE: [mssms] IE10 deployed using WSUS (SCCM 2012 R2) issues

A few months ago I had created a IE10 Prerequisite group that I deployed to the
company (we only have x64 machines):

[cid:image002.png@01D062D6.F0E41FF0]
This was close to 100%. So I figured when I did deploy Ie10, it will install,
but then the catch is now that the system has it SCCM needs to do another scan
for any updates for IE10, and this seems to be where my issue is. My deployment
only installs the “first” version of IE10, not any updates. So I have to force
it to install the latest patch.

I don’t think I can install an update for a product that is not installed yet,
so I have to basically install IE10, then wait for SCCM to look for any new
updates (which likely will fix our main issue with the “first” version of IE10.

In your case, how does the system know which one to install first? If all the
prereqs are in the same deployment group, wouldn’t it install let’s say IE10
before KB2676562, which technically should not work.
Or am I over thinking this….