If you created the collection based on the application detection check, client
will be removed from the collection after application is installed and
information is reported via hinv.
When your aim is to get the application install or update on clients that are
lower, why do you still look at clients that are upgraded successfully?
If at all you need, you can run sql queries or ssrs report for that particular
deployment which is succeeded.

Regards,
Eswar Koneti
<http://www.eskonr.com>www.eskonr.com<http://www.eskonr.com>