Can you provide an smsts.log for review? Having the full context of the error
helps in diagnosing it.

Jeff

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Michael Adamson<mailto:madam...@healthworld.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:06 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com<mailto:mssms@lists.myitforum.com>
Subject: [mssms] SCCM OSD failures

Hi,

I have rather weird OSD issues we have been battling for a long while and I’m
hoping the list can help me out.

Our environment is pretty simple, a single SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 /w CU3 (Site
Version 5.00.8239.1000) server doing everything running on Server 2012.

The symptoms presented appear to contradict each other below and have been
ongoing for around 6 months. We have now upgraded to CU3 with no difference.

Symptoms

·         OSD error code “download failed error 87d00267” or “access denied”
when client tries to download the packages

·         OSD will fail on either Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64

·         Sometimes it will fail on Java or Silverlight or Adobe Reader or
other applications. Re-running an OSD will usually fail at a different
application. Disabling a package means that it fails on the next application.

·         Running two machines at the same time, with the same TS can have
different results. i.e one will work and one will fail

·         Always fails during an application install, i.e after WIM is applied,
drivers applied and SCCM agent is installed

·         I have tried it on hardware (Lenovo P500 – Xeon with SSD and Lenovo
T460s with SSD) and VMs (Hyper-V)

·          Re-Running the OSD usually has a different package that fails or it
might succeed

Changes to SCCM

·         I have added some new driver packs-testing confirms drivers are
working as expected. Appling or not Appling as expected.

·         Changed back the TFTP setting to 4096 – only slowed PXE booting down

·         Rebooted SCCM server multiple times

·         Doubled CPU to 4 cores on server

·         Increased RAM to 24GB – it is only using ~8GB

·         Confirmed free space

·         Tried a delay in the Win81 TS -
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c0e01eed-7beb-4e18-bc09-bb153c7082ad/osd-failing-on-random-application-installations?forum=configmanagerapps

·         Applied CU3

Observations

·         Server is not wanting for grunt and can be monitored using 500-600mbs
network throughput to the client during WIM/driver pack download.

Thanks Mike

[cid:imagecc7106.JPG@c22d435b.42801151]
Michael Adamson
IT Infrastructure Manager