I have setup Windows 10 computers to update through SCCM instead of WSUS and so
far it's going good.  We specify a deadline with a 2 hour reboot timer.

Last month we ran into an issue with some computers that failed to install the
cumulative update.  The deadline in the deployment was reached, SCCM installed
the CU and rebooted and then the update failed and was rolled back.  The next
day, Windows, not SCCM, retried the failed CU install.   Then Windows prompted
for a reboot with only a 30 minute timer.

I'd like to see what others have done for this scenario as a 30 minute reboot
window is not good at all.
Is this normal behavior for Windows to retry failed updates instead of SCCM?
Is there anything we can do to stop Windows from retrying failed updates and
let SCCM do it?  If not, will enabling the GPO policy for no auto-restart with
logged on user interfere with SCCM auto reboot client settings?

Thanks,

CHRIS THELEN
Server Engineer

[cid:image001.png@01D0B8AE.C286D160]