“converting a device to UEFI required an IT manager to repartition”

Why does it have to be a manager?  ROFL!!

From: Daniel Ratliff<mailto:dratl...@humana.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:26 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com<mailto:mssms@lists.myitforum.com>
Subject: [mssms] FW: Windows 10 Creators Update advances security and
best-in-class modern IT tools

Thanks to Susan for the share.

In-place UEFI conversion
We’ve heard from our customers that they want to take advantage of new Windows
10 security investments like Device Guard on their existing modern hardware,
but many of these new features require UEFI-enabled devices. For those
customers who have already provisioned modern Windows PCs that support UEFI but
installed Windows 7 using legacy BIOS, converting a device to UEFI required an
IT manager to repartition the disc and reconfigure the firmware. This meant
they would need to physically touch each device in their enterprise. With the
Creators Update, we will introduce a simple conversion tool that automates this
previously manual work. This conversion tool can be integrated with management
tools such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) as part of the Windows
7 to Windows 10 in-place upgrade process.

Continued improvements for Windows as a service

Finally, our enterprise customers have told us they want to better manage the
size of downloads. Soon we’ll enable differential downloads for both mobile and
PC devices. This means updates after the Creators Update will only include the
changes that have been made since the last update, decreasing the download size
by approximately 35%. We’re also working to improve System Center Configuration
Manager express updates to help reduce the monthly update size by up to 90%.

We’re building Windows for each of us and for our enterprise customers that
means supporting their digital transformation. Over the next few weeks, some of
the Creators Update features will start to show up in Windows Insider builds.
If you are not already a Windows Insider, please join us in providing feedback
to help shape the final experience and empower the creators in all of us.

Daniel Ratliff

Windows 10 Creators Update advances security and best-in-class modern IT tools
- Windows For Your BusinessWindows For Your Business:

https://blogs.windows.com/business/2016/12/06/windows-10-creators-update-advances-security-best-class-modern-tools/#SyBhVLrpFVlTyG6y.97

"We’ve heard from our customers that they want to take advantage of new Windows
10 security investments like Device Guard on their existing modern hardware,
but many of these new features require UEFI-enabled devices. For those
customers who have already provisioned modern Windows PCs that support UEFI but
installed Windows 7 using legacy BIOS, converting a device to UEFI required an
IT manager to repartition the disc and reconfigure the firmware. This meant
they would need to physically touch each device in their enterprise. With the
Creators Update, we will introduce a simple conversion tool that automates this
previously manual work. This conversion tool can be integrated with management
tools such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) as part of the Windows
7 to Windows 10 in-place upgrade process"

---

PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik

The content on the email list is intended for assisting administrators.  If you
would like to use any of this content in a blog or media publication, please
contact the owners of the list for approval.

leave-patchmanagem...@patchmanagement.org<mailto:leave-patchmanagem...@patchmanagement.org>

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagem...@patchmanagement.org<mailto:owner-patchmanagem...@patchmanagement.org>

it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information
in error,