Can confirm, this happened on 2012 R2 and 1602 for us. We use a PowerShell
script to configure all our DPs.

Daniel Ratliff

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Burke, John
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 11:24 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] IIS and SCCM - how does 2012 and Current Branch bypass this?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc431377.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I ran into this issue with packages and noticed none of this custom stuff had
to be done with CB and I asked about 2012 and folks said it didn’t happen in
2012.  When I look at IIS for the default site and dp, it appears as if the
filtering SHOULD be blocking those exentions and the bin folder without these
changes made.  Why not?

Configure requestFiltering for IIS on distribution points
The following information applies when you use distribution points that are
enabled for Allow clients to transfer content from this distribution point
using BITS, HTTP, and HTTPS.
By default, IIS blocks several file extensions and folder locations. If package
source files contain extensions that are blocked in IIS, you must configure the
requestFiltering section in the applicationHost.config file on a distribution
points that is enabled for Allow clients to transfer content from this
distribution point using BITS, HTTP, and HTTPS.
For example, you might have source files for a software deployment that include
a folder named bin, or that contain a file with the .mdb file extension. By
default, IIS request filtering blocks access to these elements. When you use
the default IIS configuration on a distribution point, clients that use BITS
fail to download this software deployment from the distribution point. In this
scenario, the clients indicate that they are waiting for content. To enable the
clients to download this content by using BITS, on each applicable distribution
point, edit the requestFiltering section of the applicationHost.config file to
allow access to the files and folders in the software deployment.

it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error,