From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Gerry Hampson
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 8:38 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [mssms] OT: Password changes without VPN

It's the latter John and yes, it's a poor experience.

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Dec 2016, at 13:16, Marcum, John
<jmar...@bradley.com<mailto:jmar...@bradley.com>> wrote:
Currently we are almost 100% desktops in my environment. We want to start
transitioning over to laptops next year. We do not have VPN, it was eliminated
a while back. One of my concerns about laptops without VPN is password
expiration/changes. How do others handle this? I am aware they can change their
password in OWA or using self-services password reset through AAD but how does
the laptop "know" to accept the new password? Or does the user continue to
login to the laptop with the expired password then have to type the new
password when they open apps such as outlook? The latter would be a really poor
user experience.

Thanks,
John

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is from a law firm and may be protected by
the attorney-client or work product privileges. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then
delete it from your computer.