Thanks, will do!

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com]
On Behalf Of Kamerman, Sol
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:08 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: Help! WSUS maintenance, DB reindex?

I ran into this a few weeks ago.  There was a lot that needed to be done,
but once completed everything came back to normal.  I increased memory pool,
throttled the CPU (35%) so I can at least work on the server and clean
things up.  The WSUS cleanup wizard would crash all the time, but keep doing
it until it runs all the way through.  I also found that some of the scripts
for db cleanup and indexing for the WSUS DB worked well.  Also, if you are
adding a bunch of new systems like I was, the scans was killing the server.
A combination of all of these things were causing problems. Also, check your
event viewer log files to see if the services in the WSUS app pool are
failing.  This was happening to me and my systems we always trying to scan
which also was a contributing factor to performance issues.

Good luck with this, I took me about 3 days to get everything back to
normal.  Reach out to me directly if you need any help.