From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Marable, Mike
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:32 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] Upgrading Config Mgr

The Microsoft PFE for SCCM said that it is Microsoft’s best practice to do a
side-by-side migration as opposed to doing something like a backup and restore
of the SQL database to a new cluster.

Our SQL team wanted to do a simple backup and restore to the new cluster, but
we burned some Premier hours and the PFE advised us that doing that risked
corrupting the entire database and forcing us into a site recovery.  He said
the only way to properly do it was the migration.  He said we could try the
backup/restore but that the success rate for that was not good.

So we’re spending months doing a side-by-side migration.

Mike