>>              LD A,drivenumber
>>              SET 7,A
>>              LD DE,pointer to 32-bit sectornumber
>>              CALL DSKIO
>> I challenge you to come up with a better way.
>DISKIO #4010:
>-------------
>A: bit 7: 1= >16bit handling
>HL: DTA
>B: number of sectors
>C: mediabyte
>DE: sectornumber lowword (both old and new type of DISKIO)

In the case that you want to create own code and put in a RAM segment
(patching #F252 then) instead of modifying kernel, I propose the following:

Parameters for current sector I/O DOS functions (#2F and #30):

C = #2F or #30
DE = Sector number
L = Drive number
H = Number of sectors to read/write to/from DTA space

New parameters for same functions after patching:

C = #2F or #30
DE = Sector number, low part
B = Sector number, high part
L = Drive number
bit 7 of L = 0 --> Ignore B (for keep compatibility)
H = Number of sectors to read/write to/from DTA space

I won! X-)

        Konami Man - AKA Nestor Soriano (^ ^)v - Itsumo MSX user

        http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9797/msx.htm
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]        ICQ#: 18281450

    "In Windows 98, 3.000 found failures of W95 have been corrected..."
Translation: 3.000.000 not found failures continue without being corrected...