Since there have been (and are) interesting discussions
in the mailing list, I thought it might be interesting to
have a mailing list archive available on the WWW. Many
messages have more than a contemporary value.

Now, there are some issues concerning this.

Is something like this already available? (Not AFAIK)

Objections: Spam bots may catch e-mail addresses, including
[EMAIL PROTECTED] itself. Is [EMAIL PROTECTED] protected against spam
somehow? Other (personal) objections?

The archive could be as simple as a compressed text file.
This would exclude the spam problem. However, a clickable
html page has my own preference. Maybe even threaded and/or
searchable..

And a request. Unfortunately I don't have any messages from
before august last year, and I've deleted a few other messages.
(what a loss). If anyone has more, please send them to me.
I don't care what format (think mail folders or boxes -- but
preferably complete with headers). Please send them to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (I'm near to my quota limit here).

Sean