Anne de Raad wrote:

> > this is strange.
> > I guess I made an error in the bios when pressing CTRL; I suppose the bios
> > returns too early before installing the appropriate parameter in
> > SLTWRK. I'll check it out and fix it in bios 1.92.
> > Sorry!
> >
> > jon

I checked it, but I couldn't find any error!

Is there any other diskinterface in your computer? If this other
interface uses all driveletters, the IDE won't be able to install
itself.

Is the detection of your IDE device(s) ok at startup? (so: IDE Master:
Iomega ZIP... IDE Slave: not detected) If there is an error (like: IDE
slave failure!) , the whole thing will abort and the IDE system will not
be installed.

> Hello Jon,
>
> Nice to get a reaction from you! And thanx for the fast answer!
> Maybe it helps to say that I work on an MSXturboR GT......I have tried it a
> few times again, but it doesn't work in any way, it doesn't matter if I put
> the ZIP-drive in Slave or Master or whatever, it does not work yet...

the ZIP drive I've used had some weird jumpers: I had to set the jumper
on 'SCSI address setting 1' to configure the device as IDE master and on
'SCSI address setting 2' for IDE slave.

First make sure the device detection goes fine at startup.

CU