On 5/5/99 22:31 Anne de Raad wrote:

>But now what happens?!!? My turboGT boots in the TAPEBasic (so to
>speak)....And I absolutely don't press <SHIFT>, which has the same effect...
>In this BASIC the floppydrive is NOT there, 'files' just gives an illegal
>function call and here I sit with nothing......

I had the same problem with a HD using an IDE with 74LS04 chip. However
with the new version (that includes 74HCT04 chip) not problem found!
Your IDE interface has 74LS04 or 74HCT04 chip?

>BUT!! When I insert my slotexpander in slot 2 and the first subslot my
>SCSI-interface and I boot, again the IDE-interface finds in Master a
>CDROMdrive, in Slave nothing, then the SCSI-interface takes over and DOES
>find my HD....COOL.....Then booting is absolutely normal and also my
>Floppydrive is found.......

I have some problems using the CIEL 4 slot-expander on TR.
'Old' versions of IDE interface doesn't work on slot-expander inserted on
slot 2. If I put the slot-expander into slot 1, then I got 'not enough
memory'

Now, with the new version (74HCT04) the IDE interface works fine ONLY if
I insert the expander into slot 1 of TurboR

Regards,

 CLUB HNOSTAR MSX
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://www.ctv.es/USERS/hnostar/