>If someone can confirm this / tell me why this is a flaw, then I will
update
>it immediately.

The specification on the DATAX page is correct, except for the flaw Werner
mentioned:
                                       PC (DB25 /m) pin layout:
                                           12 - RECV pin 1
                                           13 - RECV pin 2

                                    RECV (DIN5 180 /f) pin layout:
                                            1 - PC pin 13
                                            2 - PC pin 12
I think the first one is correct.

The flaw I discovered is only Werners Page (MSX Core Club), in the section:
Alternative JoyNet cable for PC (to link a PC with only one MSX). The
diagram there is wrong, this should be:
MSX   PC