Jon wrote:

> it seems that your CDROM does not report to IDECDEX driver that the
> medium was replaced.
Yes, exact!
Not report to IDECDEX drive that the cd-rom has been open
for change the cd.

> Perhaps something goes wrong with communication
> between msx and cdrom (atapi protocol).
Yes, perhaps...
I write DIR and the cd-rom reads (the motor is ON and also
the led of cd-rom to light up). Appears the list of the files.
I replace the cd, I write DIR still, and this time the cdrom
doesn't read!! (the motor is OFF and also the led of cd-rom is out).
THIS ISN'T GOOD!!

> Do you experience other problems with your CDROM? (readerrors, etc...)
No! No problem, function well!
The COPY command only doesn't function,
(but we have spoken still of this).

> is it an old cdrom? (=slow)
No. The cd-rom is recent he is a 40x speed.

> btw in stead of resetting, try to open your CDROM and close it again; this
> should generate a 'medium changed' condition if your cdrom is ok. IDECDEX
> will notice this and will refresh the cached directorystructure.
No, don't function, like told already, this is not as.

> ps: bios 1.94 is on its way (enhanced ATAPI driver), perhaps this will
> also fix your cd communication problem
Ok, many thanks to you.

  Anne de Raad wrote:
> I encounter the same problem...When I insert an other cdrom, the DIR of the
> old disc is being displayed...I use MM2.05....When I switch to another drive
> and then switch back to the cdromdrive, the problem is still there...
> However, when I try to select a DIR on the cd which in fact isn't there, coz
> it's another disc, MM2.05 gives an error, I switch to another drive, switch
> back and the correct DIR is being displayed!! So you don't NEED to reset the
> computer....Just do as I do.....
This is truth.... but.... this is not correct do.
The problem must be resolved.

Bye, BRUNO.
-------------

1/        August'99........... MAiN'99 in Nagoya
22/23     August'99........... MSX Denyu Land Tokio (ex MSX Festa)
18/19/    September'99........ MSX fair Zandvoort moved to BUSSUM!
13/14/15  November'99......... Jau 1999
21/22/    November'99......... MSX WORLD EXPO Chiba Japan
27/       November'99......... XVI MSX Meeting Barcelona
29/30     January 2000........ MSXRio 2000

Miri Software MSX Computer System Italy
 http://Frengo.dragonfire.net/MSX.HTM
ICMiri Group and ICM Italian Magazine on line:
 http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/7278/
Bruno Querzoli
Via Indipendenza, 44
40018 S.PIETRO IN CASALE BO - ITALY  tel.fax.051 817157
ICQ 21281198  e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]