At 01:40 PM 7/20/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Is there any good text editor with variable tabs per line (for assembler
>readibility's sake!)?
>
>FOOBAR LD A,B  ; I DON'T LIKE THIS
>       DJNZ FOOBAR
>
>FOOBAR LD      A,B     ; NEITHER THIS
>       DJNZ    FOOBAR
>
>FOOBAR LD   A,B        ; I LOVE THIS!
>       DJNZ FOOBAR

I'm not sure what I'm looking at is the same you typed. You used TABs in
this e-mail and my reader may have a different tab width than yours.

This is what I see (I replaced tabs by spaces):

>FOOBAR   LD   A,B      ; I LOVE THIS!
>    DJNZ FOOBAR

But anyway, I think Compass allows to use a "tab mode" that should be
acceptable to most people.

The format I use:

FOOBAR
          LD   A,B
          DJNZ FOORBAR

Never label and code on a single line. It's practical when inserting a
line, removing a line or cutting/pasting lines.

By the way, MS Word can do variable tabs, but I don't think it qualifies as
a  good text editor... ;)

Bye,
                Maarten