Laurens Holst wrote:

> > - source length limit of about 20K, even though the source is tokenized,
> > this is not enough (especially comments take lots of space)
>
> Hey... hey!!!
>
> JON!!! Listen!!!

I'm here!!

> Can't you tokenize the source in Compass??? This has two advantages: 1. the
> assembling-speed will be increased drastically, and 2. the size of the
> .ASM-files will be reduced a lot!
> You can include an option to let the user decide if the code is upper-or
> lowecase...

I'm busy with that sort of stuff for version 2.0. It's not really
tokenized, but during the editing process, the format is already
optimized for the assemblermodule...

> Well, maybe it's not a good idea... Just check it out.

that's what I've been doing past months...

> Another remark: the TABS are wrong sometimes. If a label is exactly the
> length of the TAB, then if I put comments behind it the space inbetween will
> not be taken into account by Compass, resulting in the comment not being
> seperated from the code.
> Example: LD    (COPYFILENAME+8),A;Fill in copydata...
>
> Do you get what I mean?

yup, but depends where you like the ;blabla... immediately behind the
code or on the next TAB. It is assembled correct if I'm right...

CU
jon