On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 16:26:37 +0200, Alex Wulms wrote:

>] > Internet-Ready. A complete TCP/IP stack is also offered so customers can
>] > design products that connect to the Internet.
>]
>] I think Zilog means they offer sourcecode of a TCP/IP stack, it seems
>] a bit illogical to hardcode that in a CPU since it should be at OS
>] level.
>eZ80 main target group is the embedded software. For such appliances
>(microwaves, laundry machines, cars, smartcards, etc), having a TCP/IP stack
>in hardware can be very interesting... It can make the OS more lean and mean
>which is very important for embedded software.

I think it's a little different, the Tcp/Ip stack is not hardcode, but software...

>From Zilog's brochure : " The eZ80 is internet ready. ZILOG can provide a complete
>TCP/IP stack,
allowing for rapid internet connectivity."

But what you say it's true, the target are embedded machines , general purpose cards
or
specified ones, but not a personal computer.

by Frengo

Miri Software MSX Computer System Italy
e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HomePage :    http://Frengo.dragonfire.net/MSX.HTM