        Well, poke &hfd9f,201 used to work... guess you knew that already.
But this keeps the drives on a Philips spinning. *sigh*

        What *might* work is loading a Philips diskrom into RAM and making
the computer believe the diskrom is in slot 3-3 (RAM).
        But I'm not sure, I would have to test this but I can't, since I
replaced my diskROM. Wait a minute, I could try to put the *original*
diskrom in RAM and see if it gets slllllllllow.

        Nothing compared to an original Commodore 1541 b.t.w. which
transfers at an incredible 0.4 K/s or so.

        Greetz
        Patrick