> Howdy,
>
> does anyone have info on the PMA file format?
> (Couldn't find anything in the Ultimate FAQ nor MiLC)
> What I'm _really_ after is a Linux util to decompress
> PMA's. Yes, of course I can start fMSX and run PMEXT in
> it, but NO I don't want to start a f*** emu just for
> extracting some PMA file :-/
> (really nasty: in Linux, start dosemu and let _that_
> run 22NICE/PMEXT :-P - Nah...)

Yeah!

But, without kidding (zonder dollen), Alwin Henseler made a PMA extractor for
MSX, so he has found out how the format is. He included the source file, so I
guess you can find out the formats from it. Alwin's page (MSX Tech Doc page),
can be found in my bookmarks. Look on the page's software section and there
you can download UNPMA.ARJ.