Yes! Finally, after a long wait (huh?) Konami Man strikes back with the
last amazing NestorWare of this millenium. Ladies and gentlemen, here is

--- NestorPreTer - the MSX-BASIC pre-interpreter ---

As you probably have realized already, NPR is a tool designed for BASIC
programmers. It converts an ASCII source file (basically a normal BASIC
format file with some interisting differences) into a MSX-BASIC executable
file. NPR makes the BASIC text generation process much easier, because now
you can:

- Use an unlimited number of remarks with an unlimited extension in your
source file, because they will not be included in the target file,
therefore no one single byte of your BASIC memory is wasted with remarks.
- Use unlimited indentation in your BASIC lines: spaces between BASIC
instructions are also discarded and not included in the target file.
- Forget line numbers: NestorPreTer will generate them automatically!
Optionally, use alphanumeric line labels instead. So forget GOTO 10, this
is time for GOTO ~MAIN!
- Tired of using two-characters variable names? NestorPreTer allows you to
use macros, so a @SCREEN_ROW in the source file becomes a simple "x" in the
destination file. Also, you can give a name to constants (what about @TRUE
for -1 and @FALSE for 0?), or to a piece of code (for example @SHOW_ERROR
for PRINT"Error was found!").

Amazed? Surprised? Don't worry, it is normal! (oh, I'm so humble...) X-)
Well, I upload the first alfa version to my web site but I could not update
my page yet, so get the file by directly accessing to

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9797/filename

where "filename"s are

npr_com.bin (10K): NestorPreTer 0.1 alfa. Rename it to npr.com after download.
npreng.txt (42K): NestorPreTer 0.1 user manual in english. I'll make a
spanish version later.
nbas_asc.bin (5K): Sample source code, it shows how to use NestorPreTer to
make NestorBASIC use easier. Rename ir to nbas.asc after download.
npr_lzh.bin (23K): All three files compressed. Rename it to npr.lzh after
download.

This first version is an alfa, it means that it was not widely tested, so
for sure it has errors. Please report me any error found (read section 10
of the user manual before).

That's all. Once again, be happy with NestorWare! ;-)

     ***** XVI MSX USERS MEETING IN BARCELONA: DECEMBER 4th 1999 *****
          Konami Man - AKA Nestor Soriano (^ ^)v - Itsumo MSX user

    New web address:   http://konamiman.msx.tni.nl  &  http2//nestor.msx
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]         ICQ#: 18281450

         Windows is checking if the user is asleep... - [Cancel]