On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Frits Hilderink wrote:

> Anyone made a PC port yet ?

I made LHA-PMA on a PC (running Linux). You mean a DOS/Windows port?

It shouldn't be too hard. Take the sources of LHA for DOS, the sources of
LHA for UNIX and the sources of LHA-PMA. Compare them and you'll have
enough information to integrate the new code from LHA-PMA with LHA for DOS.
The new code was added in new files as much as possible, so most of it is
easy to spot.

Once you have an LHA that can extract PMA files, you can use WinZip to
launch it, just like you can on LZH files. Maybe you'll need to rename
file.PMA to file.LZH though.

Porting LHA-PMA may also give better speed than the 22NICE option. I
haven't timed PMA4PC, but I have timed LHA-PMA: it can extract
approximately 500K of compressed PMA data per second on my P2/400.

Bye,
                Maarten