On Fri, 26 May 2000, Sander Zuidema wrote:

> > The port under the diskdrive is joystick port 2.
>
> No it's not, that one's behind the diskdrive (trust me, I have a GT standing
> right here). You have port 1 under the numeric keyboard, an undefined hole
> under the diskdrive, which definately isn't there on my GT and then comes
> port 2.

Yes, the middle hole is strange.
However, port 2 is under the diskdrive as well.

I wonder if the middle hole was put there by Panasonic or by a hardware
hobbyist.

Tristan or Manuel (or whoever is in charge of the photos), do you know who
uploaded the picture?

> > You may have mistaken the power button for a port, the photo is not very
> > clear.
>
> The photo is indeed unclear, but the power button of my GT is on the other
> side of the machine.

Oops! You're right.

I think I was confused because I hold both sides when I switch it on, to
make sure the machine doesn't just move over the floor instead of powering
up.

My GT is on the floor, because my joystick cable is not long enough to
reach from the GT's usual spot to where I sit when I play games on my TV.

> > My GT has the narrow FDD letters, but other than that I saw no difference
> > with the photo.
>
> Trust no one, the truth is out there!

Aliens disguised their advanced tech as a GT, but they were in a hurry and
got a few details wrong. If we ever catch this thing, we should submit it
to a Turing test.

Bye,
                Maarten