On Mon, 29 May 2000, Laurens Holst wrote:

> Will it be compatible (I mean also when writing?
> (under Win98?)) or do I have to set it to read-only if
> I want to use it with my PC???

Windows will overwrite the boot sector! Somehow it can't stand boot sectors
other than its own. I mean the boot sector inside a partition, not the
master boot record.

Also note that FAT32 uses different partition IDs than FAT16. If FDISK asks
you "Enable large disk support?", choose "no".

Bye,
                Maarten