On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Leonard Silva de Oliveira wrote:

> > I don't think this is true. For example, Padial's PC keyboard interface
> > is inserted in an external slot and acts like a partial PPI. And
> > ofcourse it supports all keys, not just the ones in columns 0 to 4
> > (lower 5 bits).
>
>   Funny ... I remember that some time ago one of the Spanish users told
> about
> this interface. He stated that the interface was supposed to be
> installed
> internally on Turbo-R computers because of technical problems ... I
> guess
> the I/O mask inposed by S1990 is the cause of that.

I just re-read the article on Padial's keyboard interface (will be
published in MCCW 92) and guess what... There is a special connector from
the cartridge to the turbo R's main board! So although the cartridge is
still inserted in a slot, some signal is travelling another route.

> I wonder why you
> guys
> don't turn on your T-R computers and try out what I'm saying instead of
> saying I'm wrong ...

I do have a turbo R, but not a cartridge that uses any MSX-interal I/O
range.

> (I guess someday you guys will belive me ...) ;)

I am beginning to believe you, but I'm not fully convinced yet.

Can anyone tell me what happens when you insert Padial's keyboard interface
in a turbo R and don't connect the extra link to the main board?

Bye,
                Maarten