On Sunday 21 January 2001 18:08, you wrote:

> I allready tried cleaning the heads of the disk-drive, but that doesn't
> seem to work... Is it possible that the belt that drives the disk isn't of
> the correct lengt and tension?

Yes, that's a possible cause. But when my turbo R's drive was broken,
replacing the rubber band didn't solve the problem.

You should try first to replace the rubber band. It's easy and cheap and
there is a fair chance of success. If that doesn't work, you'll need a new
drive and that is tricky.

The turbo R needs a ready and a disk change signal. PC drives that are sold
today don't provide those signals. The signals can be faked by modifying the
drive, but then it won't run as smooth as it should. The best option is to
try and find an old drive that does provide a ready and a disk change signal,
but that takes some searching.

Bye,
                Maarten