On Monday 02 April 2001 17:57, you wrote:

> I´ve read somewhere that the FDD of these computers
> doesn´t have a rubber belt.
> Is that true?

Yes, it's true. They have Mitsumi drives that are much like modern PC drives,
although about half a centimeter higher.

The drives often develop a problem when ejecting, where the disk is partially
thrown out but the internals of the drive go back down again, so the disk is
stuck in the drive. But at least their lifespan is longer than that of drives
with rubber belts. Mine is still somewhat functioning after 15 years, with 10
years of that in very regular use (I didn't have a harddisk).

Bye,
                Maarten