Hi,

] I think it's strange the computer runs on Linux. First, as far as I know Linux
] is a Unix-clone for IBM-compatibles. The one-chip-msx is not an IBM-compatible.
Linux started-off as a 386 Unix clone. But soon it also got ported to other
architectures. These days it runs on every major 32-bit (and higher)
processor.

Furthermore, another big advantage of Linux is that you do not have to pay
ANY license costs to a software house. Which is an important factor if the
machine must be on the market for less then 100$. Any other OS with the power
and maturity of Linux costs more then the entire new 'MSX' box.

]
] It's based on fMSX so according to the GNU public licence (or whatever it's
] called) it _must_ be open source. Hence adaptations can easily be made.
One: fMSX is not based on GNU public license. It is entirely copyright by
Marat and may only be used for commercial purposes with Marat's explicit
permission
Two: Even if the emulator would be GNU licensed, that still would not imply
that the software that you run on it (like games) must be GNU licensed. There
are for examply many applications available for Linux that are non-free,
non-GNU and actually cost a lot of money.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Visit The MSX Plaza (http://www.inter.nl.net/users/A.P.Wulms) for info on
XelaSoft, Merlasoft, Quadrivium, SD-Snatcher on fMSX, the MSX Hardware list,