On Mon, 27 May 2002 14:39:33 +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:

>Not at all. If such a library would be created it should be hardware
>independant, with functions (possibly implemented as macro constants)
>for getting the screen sizes and colour depth and so on. The
>implementation may start as screen 6 only, but it should be no problem
>to port it to screen 5, 7 and 8 (and higher for 2+). Then the user can
>use all programs on all screens (as is the habit for X. only a few bad
>programmed ones don't work on all colour depths). It would be really bad
>if you write an image viewer and it can only be used in screen 6.

  I'll not start this thread again. Do it and you'll have another
slow beast like MSX-View.
  Good luck.

BTW: The API should be independent, but the implementation would use
Screen6, since it's even more slower using other resolutions. Keep
in mind that the MSX is running Unix, but still a MSX.

  []'s

  Daniel Caetano
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

..."A necessidade de criatividade e' o que contribui para a
mudanca. A criatividade mantem o criador vivo." (Frank Herbert)
http://www.caetano.eng.br/ - This OS/2 system uptime is 1 days 01:32 hours.