On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Maurizio Morandi wrote:

> Hi ~Grauw, thank you for your reply.
>
> > Probably one of these options is the case:
> >
> > 1. You connected a keyboard to the computer which doesn't belong
> > to it, i.e.
> > it is from another region or computer (this ofcourse only applies
> > if it's a
> > seperate keyboard :)).
> > 2. You replaced the BIOS ROM (for example in an MSX2+ upgrade)
> > with one
> > which has a different key mapping compared to the original BIOS
> > and the PPI.
> No... :(
> The keyboard is the original coming with the computer and i've never replaced the
> bios rom...
> It's started working bad after 2 or 3 month i'm not using it.
>
> I think it's a bios problem...

I don't remember if Pioneer computer used sockets for eprom chips
containing bios, basic and other data. Be careful when taking
parts out from the PX-V7. It has "double mainboard" construction.
When you open the cover you find first a bit odd looking large
mainboard which is above the mainboard which includes computer
itself. Upper pcb has mainly video stuff and lower MSX computer
part. You need to remove this upper pcb so that you can see
lower one.

        Greetings: Saku Taipale, [EMAIL PROTECTED]