Hi,

I recently ordered a 3,6v NiCd 65mAh replacement battery/accu for my NMS8255 but I received a 3,6 NiMH 80 mAh batteyr/accu from the supplier. Does anybody know if can damage my MSX (or the battery) if a replace the existing battery (3,6v NiCd 45 mAh) for the NiMH battery?

I do not know if NiCd NiMH charge or discharge in a similar fashion. Nor do I know how the charging system of my MSX works. So any info would be appreciated.

NB. The only thing I do know about NiMH batteries is that NiMH batteries can be charged more often even though they aren't totally empty. And they don't have the memory effect of NiCd batteries.

T.i.a.

Gerald