As far as I know, MSX1 has no horizontal hardware scroll like msx2+ and msx
turbo r, and also has not vertical hardware scroll as MSX2, so the only thing
this routine can do is software scroll. I don't know if the set page command is
available in msx1, but if so, it will use it as a trick to simulate smooth
scroll instead of character scroll, like space manbow does in msx2 to simulate
horizontal scroll.