Hi all,

Yesterday openMSX 0.7.2 was released. Here are the highlights:
* Windows build can now be done with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
* 64-bit version of openMSX for 64-bit Windows
* Unicode support throughout openMSX, including the console and OSD menu.
* OSD icons for pause, fast forward, break point and mute
* Screenshots can be made including or excluding OSD/console
* Several new machines and extensions were added
* New debug features: step_out, skip_instruction, non-address-bound
conditionals
* Faster Z80/R800 emulation
* More efficient video recording: less CPU use, smaller files
* Various cool Tcl demo scripts: vu_meters, scc_viewer, info_panel and of course the YouTube hit mog_overlay * Various accuracy improvements, including fixes for glitches shown by the Syntax Infinity demo and one important fix to VDP interrupt generation that fixes the Zanac title screen and several other games

Full release notes can be found at SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=693433&group_id=38274

Those of you who pay attention to version numbers might wonder what happened to 0.7.1. Well, had it marked as released already on SourceForge when we got a report from tcm1998 (retired openMSX developer) that loading save states on Windows was broken. After debugging we found out the Tcl script responsible for loading could not handle spaces in the file path and the default location is "My Documents". Since many users are likely to encounter this problem, we decided to fix it and release 0.7.2 right away.

--
Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? http://faq.msxnet.org/ )
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://manuel.msxnet.org/