Hi,     25/8/06

At 20:53 +0100 24/08/06, Francis Tyers wrote:
This paper was at LREC this year on Amharic:

Saba Amsalu and Sissy Fissaha Adafre "Machine Translation for Amharic:
Where we areE".

Daniel Yacob was also there talking about Unicode issues for minority
languages,

Please don't use the term "minority language", which is a bit deprecating and quite often plain wrong, but rather the terms - "pi-language" (poorly computerized language), proposed by V.Berment in his PhD,
- or "under-resourced languages" (as in a WS at TALN-05).

here is some work he is doing on Ethiopic script:

http://libeth.sourceforge.net/

If I can think of anything else I'll let you know.

Fran