Dear all,

we have postponed the submission deadline of IWSLT by about one week.

The new submission deadline is now: October 9th 2016.

We are looking forward to your contributions.

Best
Sebastian

> On 11 Apr 2016, at 13:01, Marcello Federico <feder...@fbk.eu> wrote:
>

> Apologies for multiple postings.
>
> IWSLT 2016 – First Call for Participation
>
> Evaluation campaign: data release on 2nd May 2016, evaluation period in Sept
> 2016
> Scientific papers: submission on 30th Sep 2016, notification:  31st Oct 2016
>
> The 13th International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation
> December 8-9, 2016 - Seattle, USA.               http://www.iwslt.org
> <http://www.iwslt.org/>
> The International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT) is a yearly
> scientific workshop, associated with an open evaluation campaign on spoken
> language translation, where both scientific papers and system descriptions
> are presented. The 13th International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation
> will take place in Seattle, WA, USA, on December 8-9, 2016.
>
> Evaluation Campaign
>
> IWSLT will feature evaluation tracks on speech-to-text transcription (ASR),
> speech-to-text translation (SLT) and text-to-text translation (MT) in two
> application scenarios: subtitling of video lectures and simultaneous
> translation of videoconferences. Languages covered this year are English,
> German, French, and Czech. Training and development data will be released to
> the participants through the workshop website begin of May 2016.
>
> Scientific papers:
>
> The IWSLT invites submissions of scientific papers to be published in the
> workshop proceedings and presented in dedicated technical sessions of the
> workshop, either in oral or poster form. The workshop welcomes high quality,
> original contributions covering theoretical and practical issues in the
> fields of automatic speech recognition and machine translation that are
> applied to spoken language translation. Possible topics include, but are not
> limited to:
>
> MT and SLT approaches
> Multilingual ASR and TTS
> Integration of ASR and MT
> Rich transcription of speech for MT
> MT and SLT evaluation
> Neural network methods in ASR, MT and SLT
> Language resources for MT and SLT
> Adaptation for ASR, MT and SLT
> Open source software for ASR, MT and SLT
> Post- and Pre-processing for ASR, MT and SLT
> Applications of MT and SLT
> Efficiency in ASR, MT and SLT
>
> IMPORTANT DATES
>
> Evaluation Campaign
> Scientific Papers
> May 2:  release of train and dev data
> Sep 30: paper submissions
> Sep 1-9:  ASR evaluation period
> Oct 31: notification of acceptance
> Sep 15-23:  SLT evaluation period
> Nov 11: camera ready
> Sep 26 – Oct 7: MT evaluation period
>
> Oct 30: system description paper due
>
> Nov 18: review feedback
>
> Nov 25: camera ready
>

> http://www.iwslt.org <http://www.iwslt.org/>

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Institute for Anthropomatics
Research Group 3-01 'Multilingual Speech Recognition'

Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Stüker
research group leader

Adenauerring 2, Building 50.20, Room 231
76131 Karlsruhe
Phone: +49 721 608 46284
Fax: +49 721 607 721
Email: sebastian.stue...@kit.edu
http://www.kit.edu
http://asr.anthropomatik.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and National Research
Center of the Helmholtz Association

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Institut für Anthropomatik
Nachwuchsgruppe 3-01 "Multilinguale Spracherkennung"

Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Stüker
Nachwuchsgruppenleiter

Adenauerring 2, Gebäude 50.20, Raum 231
76131 Karlsruhe
Telephon: +49 721 608 46284
Fax: +49 721 607 721
E-Mail: sebastian.stue...@kit.edu
http://www.kit.edu

http://asr.anthropomatik.kit.edu

KIT – Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und nationales
Großforschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft