Dear all -- I am happy to announce multiple openings in our program.
Please share or apply if interested:

https://apply.interfolio.com/38844

More information below.

--

Nizar Habash
Associate Professor of Computer Science

The NYU Abu Dhabi Program in Computer Science expects to fill several
tenure and tenure-track faculty positions beginning in September 2017.
Applicants are expected to be outstanding scholars with excellent track
records in their field and participate in teaching at all levels from
undergraduate to doctoral. New appointees will be offered competitive
salaries and startup packages. New York University Abu Dhabi is located on
Saadiyat Island, the cultural centerpiece of Abu Dhabi. We are specifically
looking for candidates in one of the following areas:

1. Cyber security. We are looking for researchers with a strong experience
building and deploying large-scale security solutions in the real world
with a focus on systems security, network security, privacy, cryptography,
and formal methods.

2. Big Data. We are looking for exceptional candidates in the areas of data
science, interactive data analytics, big data systems and distributed
systems, and database systems

3. Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. We are seeking
candidates with extensive research experience in any sub area of natural
language processing and computational linguistics (machine translation,
information retrieval, data mining, information extraction, parsing, text
analytics, etc.). We are particularly interested in people with strong
machine learning research agendas, from statistical models to neural
networks.

Successful candidates will find a congenial research environment that
includes supportive and highly motivated colleagues and broad opportunities
for interdisciplinary research across the different campuses of the NYU
system.

The terms of employment are highly competitive. Appointments can begin as
soon as September 1, 2017, but candidates may elect to start as late as
September 1, 2018.

Review of applications will begin December 15, 2016. Candidates should
submit a curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests
(not to exceed three pages each), no more than three representative
publications and three letters of reference in PDF format to be
considered.  If you have any questions, please e-mail nyuad.scie...@nyu.edu.

About NYUAD:

New York University has established itself as a Global Network University.
The network has three foundational degree-granting campuses: New York, Abu
Dhabi, and Shanghai, complemented by a network of eleven research and
study-away sites across five continents. Our students are drawn from around
the world and surpass all traditional recruitment benchmarks, both US and
global. Our goal is to develop a cohort of international students attuned
to and educated for an inclusive global society. Students and Faculty will
circulate within the global network in pursuit of common research interests
and the promotion of cross-cultural and interdisciplinary solutions for
problems both local and global.

Entering its seventh year, NYU Abu Dhabi has recruited a cohort of faculty
who are distinguished in their research and teaching. NYU Abu Dhabi’s
highly selective liberal arts enterprise is complemented by an institute
for advanced research, sponsoring cutting-edge projects across the Arts,
Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, and Engineering.

EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Employer