THIRD WORKSHOP ON DISCOURSE IN MACHINE TRANSLATION (DiscoMT'17)
http://www.idiap.ch/workshop/DiscoMT

Paper submission deadline: Friday, June 9, 2017
Decision notification:            Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Final versions due:               Friday, July 14, 2017

DOUBLE SUBMISSION POLICY

We like to point out that we accept double submissions, for example, papers
that are currently under review for EMNLP 2017. But authors should mention that
their paper is also submitted elsewhere when sending it to DiscoMT (use the
summary field) and we also ask to inform us as soon as possible if the paper is
withdrawn from DiscoMT. Thank you!

SUBMISSION TYPES

Long papers (8 pages + references)
Short papers (4 pages + references)

TOPICS

- MT beyond the translation of isolated sentences
- MT techniques for obtaining document-level consistency and domain adaptability
- MT techniques for structured documents
- uses of MT in processing discourse-level phenomena
- techniques for evaluating the effect discourse-aware MT
- quantitative studies on the impact of discourse-level phenomena on MT

CO-CHAIRS AND ORGANIZERS

Bonnie Webber, University of Edinburgh
Andrei Popescu-Belis, Idiap Research Institute
Jörg Tiedemann, University of Helsinki

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Mauro Cettolo, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy
Filip Ginter, University of Turku, Finland
Liane Guillou, Brainnwave, Edinburgh, UK
Christian Hardmeier, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Shafiq Joty, Qatar Computing Research Institute, Doha, Qatar
Lori Levin, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Sharid Loaiciga Sanchez, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Ekaterina Lapshinova-Koltunski, Saarland University, DE
Ngoc-Quang Luong, Nuance Communications, Belgium
Thomas Meyer, Google, Zurich, Switzerland
Preslav Nakov, Qatar Computing Research Institute, Doha, Qatar
Michal Novak, Charles University, Prague CZ
Maja Popovic, DFKI, Berlin DE
Annette Rios, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Rico Sennrich, University of Edinburgh, UK
Lucia Specia, University of Sheffield, UK
Sara Stymne, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Yannick Versley, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Martin Volk, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Min Zhang, Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Sandrine Zufferey, University of Bern, Switzerland