Machine Learning careers at Unbabel in Lisbon, Portugal
Unbabel is accelerating the shift towards a world without language barriers
by enabling trustworthy, seamless and scalable translations between
companies and their customers.

International businesses trust Unbabel’s enterprise platform to open up and
grow new markets by harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence and a
global community of linguists.

Backed by Notion Capital, Google Ventures, Caixa Capital and Y Combinator,
Unbabel is helping customers like Pinterest, Skyscanner, Under Armour,
Rovio, King and Oculus to understand and be understood.
Who we’re looking for
We work everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, fostering
team spirit through transparency and continuous learning.

We’re currently looking for brilliant people who are excited at the
opportunity to see the impact of AI/ML/MT in a real, fast-growing business
case.

   - *Head of AI Research Engineering*
   <https://www.workable.com/j/1A65D6818B>
   - *Junior Research Engineer* <https://www.workable.com/j/902B08922F>
   - *Junior Research Scientist* <https://www.workable.com/j/C26C9F3911>
   - *Senior Research Engineer* <https://www.workable.com/j/173A34FD24>
   - *Senior Research Scientist* <https://www.workable.com/j/49CEFE9BD5>

More information about Unbabel
Here’s a *video explaining Unbabel’s tech stack*
<https://youtu.be/_-54klgzSnQ>.

Blog posts:

   - *The Unbabel Dev publication on Medium *
   <https://medium.com/unbabel-dev>
   - *Adaptation, Adaptation, Adaptation: Why companies trust Unbabel to
   deliver multi-lingual customer communications*
   <https://unbabel.com/blog/adaptation-unbabel-multi-lingual/>
   - *How Unbabel’s language pipeline will translate everything to human
   quality* <https://unbabel.com/blog/translate-human-quality/>
   - *How do we scale translation quality and speed at Unbabel?*
   <https://unbabel.com/blog/scale-translation-quality-speed/>
   - *A closer look at Unbabel’s award-winning translation quality
   estimation systems*
   <https://unbabel.com/blog/unbabel-translation-quality-systems/>
   - *How do we keep our customers’ data safe at Unbabel?*
   <https://unbabel.com/blog/keep-customers-data-safe-unbabel/>
   - *Make your video content go global from day 1 with Unbabel for Video*
   <https://unbabel.com/blog/global-video-content-unbabel/>

Latest Publications from the Unbabel team
*“**Learning What’s Easy: Fully Differentiable Neural Easy-First Taggers."*
<https://andre-martins.github.io/docs/emnlp2017_final.pdf>
by André F. T. Martins and Julia Kreutzer.
Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP'17),
Copenhagen, Denmark, September 2017

*"Unbabel's Participation in the WMT17 Translation Quality Estimation
Shared Task."* <http://www.statmt.org/wmt17/pdf/WMT64.pdf>
by André F. T. Martins, Fábio N. Kepler and José L. Monteiro.
Conference on Machine Translation (WMT 2017), Copenhagen, Denmark,
September 2017

*“**Pushing the Limits of Translation Quality Estimation."*
<https://transacl.org/ojs/index.php/tacl/article/download/1113/237>
by André F. T. Martins, Marcin Junczys-Dowmunt, Fábio Kepler, Ramon
Astudillo, Chris Hokamp and Roman Grundkiewicz.
Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 5: 205--218,
2017.

*“**Unbabel's Participation in the WMT16 Word-Level Translation Quality
Estimation Shared Task."*
<https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W/W16/W16-2387.pdf>
by André F. T. Martins, Ramon Astudillo, Chris Hokamp and Fábio Kepler.
Conference on Machine Translation (WMT 2016), Berlin, Germany, August 2016.
Best results in the shared task.

*“From Softmax to Sparsemax: A Sparse Model of Attention and Multi-Label
Classification.”* <http://proceedings.mlr.press/v48/martins16.pdf>
by André F. T. Martins and Ramon Astudillo.
International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML’16), New York, USA, June
2016.

More publications from the Unbabel team can be found here:
https://unbabel.com/publications/