Hi,

We invite applications for *fully funded PhD positions* under the Science
Foundation Ireland Centre for Research Training in Advanced Networks for
Sustainable Societies (ADVANCE CRT: http://advance-crt.cs.ucc.ie/). The
ADVANCE CRT is an interdisciplinary centre at the intersection of
information and communication technologies and society. We are motivated by
a society where ubiquitous, high-speed communication networks enable, and
increasingly dominate, our family, social and working lives. These networks
enable an ever-increasing range of human-to-machine and machine-to-machine
(M2M) communication applications in the Internet of Things. This expanding
hyper-connectivity will create new communication, sensing and control
services, and forms of interconnectivity and services between people and
Things in ways we cannot yet fully envisage. Our vision is to train the
next generation of researchers who will seek solutions to the technical and
societal challenges of global hyper-connectivity between large numbers of
People and Things. *The ADVANCE CRT aims at increasing the number of female
researchers *in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and
has strong targets for gender equality.

Considering the importance of cybersecurity in today’s world and sheer
amount of data we now produce each day on the web, there is an increasing
potential for substantial contribution in cybersecurity using machine
learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) techniques. *I am
looking for candidate interested in topics related to Natural Language
Processing /Machine Learning/Deep Learning for CyberSecurity.* Below is a
 list of  *potential **topics* (however, I am open to other topics) for the
Phd position.

   1. Automatic Threat Intelligence Extraction from Unstructured Sources
   2. Source Code Vulnerability Analysis
   3. Phishing Identification in social Media and other platforms
   4. Vulnerability Exploit Prediction
   5. Cyber Event Forecasting by Discovering Signals from Web
   6. Automatic Identification of Indicators of Compromise
   7. Characterizing Activity on the Dark Web
   8. Incident Response Facilitation using Automatic Text Processing

Basic Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours undergraduate degree in either
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic
Engineering, Psychology, Social Science. Other qualifications in
disciplines related to listed research areas will also be considered.
Non-native English speakers are required to hold a valid IELTS (or
equivalent) certificate demonstrating at least a score of 6.5 overall with
a score of not less than 6 in all parts.

*Host Institute:* RÍOMH Research Group, Cork Institute of technology, Cork,
Ireland

The call deadline is Friday, 21st February, 2020 at 5pm

For further particulars on the studentships please refer to:
http://advance-crt.cs.ucc.ie/

If you are interested in this position, please contact me with a detailed
cv at mohammed.hasanuzzaman cit.ie <mohammed.hasanuzza...@adaptcentre.ie>
 or mohammed.hasanuzza...@adaptcentre.ie

Mohammed Hasanuzzaman
Lecturer, Dept. of Computer Science, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Member/Investigator, ADAPT Centre, Ireland
Website: https://mohammedhasanuzzaman.github.io

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&;>
Sender