Isn't this just setting the 'alt' field of the <a href> tag? Even without javascript this is just an HTML tooltip trick. I suspect that Mail would know how to deal with this even if it has javascript turned off.

Would that be enough?

On Apr 21, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

Ethan and I played with this a bit more and it might not be workable.
See #355 for more details.

On Apr 21, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Ethan Mallove wrote:

Do these work for you?

http://tinyurl.com/49m2n4

They work for me in IE (Windows) and Mozilla (Solaris), but
not in Firefox and Opera. The joys of JavaScript :-)

-Ethan

On Mon, Apr/21/2008 01:32:49PM, MTT wrote:
#355: tooltips for reporter
-------------------------
+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  jsquyres     |       Owner:
   Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Currently, when browsing the reporter, if you hover over a link in
the
reporter, the browser (or mail client) may show the entire URL of the
hyperlink as a tooltip (see attached screenshot).  Is there a way
to show
something nicer / smaller?  In the attached screenshot, either no
tooltip
or a tooltip showing "Drill down to all 1.2.7a.... results" would
be nice.

--
Ticket URL: <https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/mtt/ticket/355>
MTT <http://www.open-mpi.org/>