ftb_watchdog is one of the ftb test programs and it is built during Test Build
phase so it is compiled in MTT/Test/Build.pm.
It is installed
installs/ftb-nightly-trunk--platform--0.6.2/tests/ftb-test/components where
installs/ftb-nightly-trunk--platform--0.6.2/install is the place for the ftb
installation.

> So I think the real question is: who makes the ftb_watchdog executable?  Is
> it part of ./configure && make in MPI::Install, or something else?
I believe that it is built in the Test Build phase and it is using the
ompi_configure_argument option.

#======================================================================

# Install FTB phase
#======================================================================

[MPI install: Platform]

mpi_get = ftb-nightly-trunk
mpi_details = OMPI

save_stdout_on_success = 1
merge_stdout_stderr = 0

module = OMPI

ompi_vpath_mode = none
# CUSTOM: FTB supports parallel builds; you may want to tweak the j

# value up or down, depending on your IO environment.

ompi_make_all_arguments = -j 4
ompi_make_check = 0

# CUSTOM: Tweak this configuration line as necessary to specify what
# is relevant for your environment.  The lines between the EOT markers

# will be squashed into a single line before running.

ompi_compiler_name = gnu
ompi_compiler_version = &get_gcc_version()

ompi_configure_arguments = <<EOT

"CFLAGS=-g -pipe" --enable-debug \

--with-bstrap-server="odin.cs.indiana.edu" \

--with-bstrap-port=14455 \

--with-agent-port=10809

EOT

Regards,