On Nov 6, 2006, at 9:59 AM, Josh Hursey wrote:

So if I were to want to do this <in a kludgy way> I would have to
have something like:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[MPI Get: trunk BTL_V1]
MPI_Details= Open MPI BTL V1
[MPI Get: trunk BTL_V2]
MPI_Details= Open MPI BTL V2

[MPI Details: Open MPI BTL V1]
mpirun -mca btl tcp,self
[MPI Details: Open MPI BTL V2]
mpirun -mca btl mx,self
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ew.  But yes.  :-)

That being said, it would probably be relatively simple to allow the mpi_details field to take a comma-delimited list of section names (sorry, I thought I conveyed that in the last mail but I think I accidentally left it out). Would that be useful to you?

Similar to what we would have to do in order to list a run with Open
MPI and LAM/MPI in the same INI file:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[MPI Get: trunk OMPI]
MPI_Details= Open MPI
[MPI Get: trunk LAM]
MPI_Details= LAM/MPI

[MPI Details: Open MPI]
mpirun -mca btl tcp,self
[MPI Details: LAM/MPI]
mpirun -ssi rpi tcp
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes. This was the eventual intent (supporting multiple MPI's with the same test suites -- just providing the "mpirun"-like semantics for each MPI).

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit