Just for the record which Debian version are you running? I'm using
oldStable {"Wheezy"} so the Mudlet version I'm getting now is packaged
as "2.0-rc12-3" is labelled "Mudlet 2.0-test4 10-25-2011" on the title
bar, "Mudlet 2.0 June 12, 2011" on the About dialog (and I don't get a
mention there because that is a couple of years BEFORE I'd even heard of
Mudlet!)

I'm guessing that you are using the stable {"Jessie"} or unstable
{"sid"} Debian, but I have got a different (less powerful machine)
running Jessie so let me see what version THAT has.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  mudlet map cannot handle new Lusternia map

Status in Mudlet:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When I login to Lusternia there is a note saying the map needs to be
  updated. I go into Options->Preferences->Mapper and click Download.

  After a while the map is downloaded. However the Map (Alt+M) is blank.
  Either closing and opening the map or even restarting mudlet does not
  make the rooms and exits appear.

  The info display showing what room should be shown does appear and is correct
for the room I am in.
  This is mudlet 3.0.0 delta using the Debian package on a Debian GNU/Linux
system.