On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Ruaidhri Power wrote:

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:34:23AM +0200, Leif Adelw wrote:
Doing a forced install of the multisync rpm will result in a dynamic
linkage runtime error, i.e. the openobex libs are really different.

Have you tried installing the openobex RPM that I linked to in the
previous mail?  That is definitely the preferred option, as forcing the
multisync RPM to install is unlikely to work.

Yes, I've stepped back in openobex version. I did again using your link (thanks). This gives me that same problem as described in my first email, i.e. multisync complaines: "Failed to get first plugin changes (IrMC) Connection error" but reports that the "test connection" works - SOMETIMES.

As mensioned other code (using openOBEX) works, i.e. I have full access to serial port and my SE T630.

This is also seen when compiling the 0.82-2 version - I get a linkage
error. Using multisync cvs code WORKS (using a common subset of
1.0.so.0 and 1.0.so.1 openobex lib functions?) in the aspect that it
compiles and, as mensioned, I used it together with plugins from
0.82-2 where evo2->backup synch was succesful.

I don't know specifically what versions of multisync will work with
different library versions,

This seems not to be the case, here!

my only advice would be that when compiling
from source you should use the latest available version of the library
and its development package.  This is because libraries are usually
designed to be backwards compatible.

sure !

Perhaps the OBEX protocol is not used (or loaded) at this level? Do
you still think the problem with SE T630 and cable readout is related
to the OBEX lib?

I'm not sure where the problem lies there.  I can offer advice on
installing multisync and its libraries, but the developers are the best
ones to consult once multisync is running.  Perhaps switching on
debugging output will provide more information?

I didn't check the code but the --help argument doesn't reveal anything on verbosity. I've tried -v but there is not output upon SE T610/T68 IrMC Mobile Device selection. Choosing (incorrectly) Siemens renders some output on std::out

Thanks again for sharing your time with me!

Best regards,

--
Leif Adelöw