I'm using Multisync v0.82 to sync my USB Treo600 to Evolution v2.2.1.1
under Ubuntu v5.04, and I'm having serious problems. I've got the
underlying pilot-link working, because some things sync, but Multisync
doesn't sync the Calendars (ToDos work, though), and Contacts get
doubled up with every sync that otherwise succeeds. I've got evolution
(2.2.1.1-u4.2), e-dev (2.2.1.1-0u4.2) evolution-data-server (1.2.1-0u1),
e-d-s-dev (1.2.1-0u1), evolution-webcal (2.2.0-0u1), multisync
(0.82-5u3) and libmultisync-plugin-all (0.82-5u3) (and thereby
l-p-backup, l-p-evolution, l-p-irmc, l-p-irmc-bluetooth, l-p-opie,
l-p-palm, l-p-syncml all at 0.82-5u3). I start with a hard-reset Treo
(my Windows sync is still working for real data population when this is
working) and a purged/reinstalled Evolution (I cleared all its gconf key
values, too), as well as deleted ~/.evolution and ~/.multisync dirs.
lsmod shows visor, uhci_hcd, usbcore, usbserial modules installed at
boot.

        I use Synaptic (as my nonroot user) to install those packages. Ubuntu
installs with /.dev/ttyUSB[0-15], not /dev/ttyUSB[0-15], though
otherwise configured properly as nodes (eg. crw-r--r-- root:root 188,
0 /.dev/ttyUSB0). I delete those, recreate them with mknod as eg.
crw-r--r-- root:root 188, 0 /dev/ttyUSB0 , then chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB* .
Then I ln -s /dev/ttyUSB1 /dev/pilot and ln -s /dev/ttyUSB1 /dev/palm .
I start multisync from my (nonroot) user commandline, click "New...",
set the First plugin to "Ximian Evolution 2", its Options... for
Calendar, Addressbook and Tasks each set to "Personal". Second plugin I
set to "Palm-Sync", Options... Connection: Port: /dev/pilot , Speed
9600 , Timeout 10 , Type USB . I press the Treo HotSync button, then the
Multisync "Get From Device" button, and get my Username and ID from the
Treo into that Multisync dialog (so something is working). I set that
dialog's Options tab's Debug Option Verbosity to "Full Debug", and check
the Hotsync Notification: Popup checkbox. I leave the Plugins tab "Data
types to synchronize" checkboxes all checked for Calendar, Addressbook
and Tasks. I don't change any other settings in that Synchronization
Pair's dialog/tabs.

        I put a few test events in the Treo Calendar and ToDos in its ToDo
list.

        Multisync's main window now has a "Ximian Evolution 2 - Palm-Sync" pair
entry ("Auto" checkbox is unchecked); its status says 'Press "Sync" to
synchronize.'. I press the Treo Hotsync button (the Treo says it's
connecting to the desktop using Cradle/cable), then I press Multisync's
"Resync" button. I get the "are you sure? long time / potentially
duplicate entries" dialog, and click OK. Then a few syncing entries fly
by in the xterm window from which I started multisync.

        I start Evolution. My short default (factory) Contacts list appears in
the Evo Contacts list, but subsequent Sync operations (not Resync) cause
duplicates in Evo and on the Pilot. The Calendar does not show any
items, even though I created a few in the Treo. If I create events in
Evolution's Calendar, they don't appear in the Treo Calendar after a
subsequent sync. Test ToDos from the Treo appear in Evolution after the
initial Resync, but new ones don't appear to sync after a subsequent
Sync operation. The strangest part is that after the initial  Resync,
the /dev/ttyUSB[0,1] files disappear from my filesystem. Subsequent
syncs delete more of those files, in pairs.

        This is a complex process, which I pieced together from lots of
disparate docs on the Web.  It seems to almost work. I'm at wits end
after weeks of searching the Web and trying other diagnostics. Help!
--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein