New Message on MumbaiUserGroup

From: Sameeta
Message 2 in Discussion

Hi,

Try this....
If u r using a proxy, then this can be a firewall problem. Probably try using a
gateway. i.e. the machine from where u r connecting should be not accessing net via a
proxy. rather a direct machine. even a machine with a dial-up connection would do. and
then try registering sql server of the ip that u want to use.

I faced the same prob. & this solved it.

Best Luck
Regards
Sameeta Deshpande

>From: "chandramukhi_mug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: cable net - accesing sql server over the net
>Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:10:56 -0700

>New Message on MumbaiUserGroup

>From: chandramukhi_mug
>Message 1 in Discussion
>

>Hi all
>
>Recently one of my client took static IP address from his
>cable net provider
>He is now asking me to access his sql server 7 database on NT
>server thru net
>
>I tried setting up a DSN using the IP address
>It fails giving foll. error
>
>connection failed
>sql state 01000
>sql server error
>odbc sql server driver
>tcp/ip socket
>connection failed
>sql statr 08001
>sql server error 17
>
>server does not exists or access denied
>
>DO u think there could be a fire wal lat cable net provider
>creating problem?
>If yes waht is the solution
>What r other possibilities
>
>Please help
>
>With warm regards
>
>Chandramukhi

>To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
>Settings.
>http://groups.msn.com/mumbaiusergroup/_emailsettings.msnw
>
>Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
>http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help
>
>For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
>http://groups.msn.com/contact
>
>If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received
>this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the pre-addressed
>e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail address will be deleted
>from this group's mailing list.
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MSN Hotmail now on your Mobile phone. Click here.