-----------------------------------------------------------
New Message on MumbaiUserGroup
-----------------------------------------------------------
From: Bhavin_Shah
Message 3 in Discussion
New Message on MumbaiUserGroup
SQL Server: Linked server gives problem when dbname has a dot(.) in its
name
Reply
Reply to Sender
Recommend
Message 1 in Discussion
From:
Bhavin_Shah
Hello everyone, I am facing a problem with linked servers and
need your help. I have a local server and another SQL server called Server2.
I have created a linked server form server2 on my local server. I am trying to
fire the following query in SQL query analyzer which is giving me an error -
select * from [server2].[Test.com].[dbo].[MyTable] where Test.com is my
database name. I get the following error - Server: Msg 7357, Level 16, State
2, Line 1
Could not process object '"Test.com"."dbo"."MyTable"'. The OLE DB provider
'SQLOLEDB' indicates that the object has no columns. I am successfully able
to fire the following query which points to another database on linked server
"Server2". select * from [server2].[Test_Database].[dbo].[MyTable] where
Test.com is my database name. This means that the database name "Test.com" is
creating a problem with linked servers which is normally not the case. I tried
using double quotes ("") and square brackets ([]) as delimiters for "Test.com"
database. But this did not solve the problem. Is there any way to solve this
problem without changing the database name. Thanks in advance. Regards,
Bhavin Shah
View other groups in this category.
-----------------------------------------------------------
To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/mumbaiusergroup/_emailsettings.msnw
Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help
For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact
If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]