New Message on MumbaiUserGroup

From: Swapnil_B1
Message 1 in Discussion

Folks
We will discuss today on the remaining special directories in Application
folder structure in ASP.NET 2.0
App_GlobalResources
In general, a resource file is nonexecutable text associated with the program.
Typical resources are images, icon, text and auxiliary files. Application
resources are stored outside of the application so that they can be recompiled
and replaced without affecting and recompiling the application itself. It is
like the App_LocalResources folders, but contains .resx files that are not
bound to a specific page. Resource values in .resx files in the
App_GlobalResource folders can be accessed programmatically from application
code. You can add Assembly Resource Files (.resx) to this folder and they are
dynamically compiled and made part of the solution for use by all your aspx
pages in the application. Let us assume that we have created two resource files
in this folder, Resource.resx and Resource.it.resx. The first file,
Resource.resx, is the default language file using American English. The second
file is for same text but for Italian language. If anyone invokes any page
after setting browser culture Italian, then the information will come from
Resource.it.resx file and for others the information will come from default
Resource.resx file.
App_localResources
We can add resource files that are page-specific to the \App_LocalResources
folder. We can define multiple .resx files for each page, each .resx file
representing a different language or language/culture combination.
App_WebReferences
The App_WebReferences folder is a new name for the previous Web References
folder used in previous versions of ASP.NET. Now you can use the
\App_WebReferences folder and have automatic access to the remote Web services
referenced from your application.
App_Browsers
The App_Browsers folder holds browser files, which are XML files used to
describe characteristics and capabilities of these browsers. We can find a list
of globally accessible browser files in the CONFIG\Browsers folder under the
installation path. In addition, if you want to change any part of these default
browser definition files, just copy the appropriate browser file from the
Browsers folder to your application’s \App_Browsers folder and change the
definition.
Swapnil (Swaps)
http://swapsnet.spaces.live.com/

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/MumbaiUserGroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]